Forum for African Women Educationalist Ghana (FAWE Ghana Ch.) is the Ghanaian Chapter of the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) which is a pan-African Non-Governmental Organisation that also operates through 33 other National Chapters in Sub-Saharan Africa to promote girls’ and women’s education. The field officer in the Upper East Region will coordinate all the project activities related to the SHARE project and the
organisations’ advocacy work around girls’ and women education. The officer will be able to work with other organisations and stakeholders while also providing up to date information for the FAWE Ghana Office
The Field officer’s primary function is to oversee the implementation and monitoring of SHARE Project activities in the target Districts in the Upper East region, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed project activity implementation plan and adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
This will include contributing to shape and direct the organisation’s work in championing girls and women’s education in the Upper East Region as well as engaging stakeholders to achieve the set project and organisational objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Report directly to the Project/Program Officer for SHARE Project while working closely with the National Coordinator, Project/Program Manager and other team members to understand goals and to meet expectations.
• Support FAWE Ghana programs to supervise and manage all activities in the Upper East Region of Ghana and other project sites.
• Support team in preparing proposals and concept notes.
• Take lead in preparing field reports as assigned.
• Contribute to information-sharing.
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports on time and with accurate data.
• Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibilities as and when needed.
• Work with existing stakeholders, identify other key stakeholders in areas of thematic importance.
• Mobilise and organise for advocacy at the community level.
• Identify and work with influencers on girls’ education, rights and related policies and sustainable development.
• Develop work plans in line with budget.
• Work with Finance and Logistics to plan and procure supplies according to project
• Ensure compliance with donor regulations.
• At least a first degree in Public Health, development or other relevant fields of study.
• Four years’ experience in project design and implementation, in a similar role will be an added advantage.
• Experience in implementing Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health project
• Proficiency in any of these local languages Kassem, Buli, Gurune, Frafra and English is a must.
• Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilisation projects and stakeholder engagement
• Good knowledge and understanding of the environment and people, including culture.
• Ability to remain flexible to a changing environment and to make decisions independently.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Power Point etc)
• Demonstrate willingness to work in a team.
FUNCTIONAL SKILL SET:
• Excellent proposal, report and concept note writing
• Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent research skills
Interested candidates should send an updated CV (No longer than 3pages) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Cc email@example.com with ‘Field Officer – Upper East Region’ as the subject.
CLOSING DATE: 30th November, 2021.
Due to the urgency of the position, FAWE Ghana Chapter. will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview.