JOB VACANCY – PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
JOB TITLE: Project Accountant
LOCATION: Fotobi Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal E/R, Ghana
Forum for African Women Educationalists Ghana (FAWE Ghana Ch.) is the Ghanaian Chapter of Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) which is a pan-African NonGovernmental Organisation that also operates through 33 other National Chapters in SubSaharan Africa to promote girls’ and women’s education.
FAWE Ghana Ch. was established in Ghana in 1993. FAWE Ghana Chapter is a nonpolitical, voluntary, charitable, non-sectarian, not-for-profit organisation registered under the laws of Ghana as a company limited by guarantee and a certified by the Department of Social Welfare in Ghana as Charitable organisation.
FAWE Ghana Ch. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ideology, colour, nationality or religious persuasion. However, its target beneficiaries and constituency are primarily girls and women.
FAWE Ghana Chapter works to empower girls and women through gender-responsive education and to develop a gender-sensitive community through advocacy.
FAWE Ghana’s vision, mission and goal are all resolute on the well-being of girls’ education.
Promoting access and retention and improving the quality of education for girls.
The field officer in the Upper east Region will coordinate all the project activities related to the SHARE project and the organisation’ s advocacy work around girls’ and women education. The officer will be able to work with other organisations and stakeholders while also providing up to date information for the FAWE Ghana Office.
FAWE Ghana Chapter is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Accountant.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Accountant will perform the following functions:
• Overall financial management of project
• Budget preparation and Budgetary Control Support for the effective implementation of the project financial plan
• Preparation of payment vouchers in accordance with project requirement
• Coordination on Cash Forecasting for the project to ensure the availability of funds for project operations.
• Operation of the Donor spending and financial reporting requirement
• Implementation of Internal Financial Controls and Payment Processes for the attainment of value for money at all times
• The primary purpose of the Project Accountant role is to serve as the primary Professional Accountant in full responsibility for performing or overseeing all financial-related activities including; reconciliations, accounts analysis, developing quarterly accruals
• Maintain and update project assets register
• Prepare returns on all advanced funds and expenses
• Responsible for payroll management
• Assist with procurement in accordance with project requirements
• Ensure robust monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reporting for the project
• Make project payments as per approved policies and procedures
• Review all the vouchers for completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy
• Review work plans, financial returns and expenditure of relevant project cost
• Ensure all statutory payments are done on time
• Support and conduct financial management capacity building of project team
• Liaise with the project manager and monitoring and evaluation personnel to provide advice on project risk (financial health)
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Review and approve Time Sheet for work related to a project
• Prepare Project Financial audit action list after each audit ensure its compliance
• Monitor and submit quarterly report on project financial risks
• Compile information for internal and external auditor as required
• Liaising with auditors
• Perform other duties assigned by the National Coordinator
• Minimum Educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or related fields
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Prior Work Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, budgeting, reporting and general financial management. One to three years of experience should have been in the application of donor funding.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft tools (Excel, Macros, Power Point, Power BI)
• ACCA or CA qualification will be an added advantage
• Good working knowledge in Quick books accounting software is a must.
• Knowledge in Project Management is an advantage.
• Demonstrable experience in managing multimillion-dollar institutional grants through donors such as Global Affairs Canada
Interested candidates should send an updated CV (No longer than 3pages) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Cc email@example.com with ‘Field Officer – Upper
East Region’ as the subject.
CLOSING DATE: 30th November, 2021.
Due to the urgency of the position, FAWE Ghana Chapter will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview